Who is the NEU-JKF FEVI group?
- History: Designer since 1956 of industrial fans (centrifugal and axial fans), standard and specific.
- Site of La Vespière, Normandy, France
- 85 employees
- Markets: Environment, Biomass, Decarbonation, Agriculture, Food, Cement, Metallurgy, Glass, Nuclear.
- NEU-JKF Group: NEU-JKF Fevi belongs to the NEU-JKF Group, specialized in air technology-11 agencies in Europe and Asia, €150M/CA
The challenge of NEU-JKF FEVI
NEU-JKF FEVI has a large database of qualifications and welding procedures (hundreds of WPQR). Having such a base allows for flexibility in designing and manufacturing quality, high-efficiency fans for various markets.
Indeed, this welding database allows NEU-JKF FEVI to produce equipment of different sizes and arrangements using a wide range of materials:
- Carbon steels, medium and high yield strength
- Stainless steels AISI 304 L, 316 L, 316Ti, 904 L, 2205, …
- Aluminium, Titanium Special alloys : Hastelloy, Incolloy, Inconel, …
- Reloaded steel plates
On the other hand, such a welding database can become cumbersome to maintain, i.e. :
- Renewal of Welder QualificationsWPQR
- Update of the Qualifications of Welding OperationsPQR
At the same time, NEU-JKF Fevi is bound by quality and traceability obligations for welding; generating even more “administrative” tasks:
- Drafting of WPS
- Edition of traceability document: cahier de soudage / manufacturer documentation
However, these obligations can become problematic when they are processed on Excel spreadsheets; as was the case for NEU-JKF Fevi and many other manufacturers.
“We had a multitude of tables that were not linked to each other. It is not easy to keep all the validity end dates, the Validity Domains of our qualifications up to date”.Benoit Dumont, IWT and Manufacturing Manager at NEU-JKF Fevi
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the disadvantages of managing welding traceability on office automation tools:
- Decentralization of information,
- Difficulty to synchronize tables with multiple users,
- Multiple tools to compile a manufacturer’s file in PDF
- Simplify the management of all the welding documentation of the La Vespière site
- Centralize the welding documentation in a single work environment
Welding Cloud PREMIUM version
“We identified Welding Cloud as the right solution to centralize our operations related to the welding part of our production site,” adds Dumont.
The benefits of Welding Cloud:
- Fast deployment thanks to Sirfull’s Cloud.
- No installation, no adaptation.
- Training carried out at a distance.
- Simplification of the management of the company’s qualification database
- Saves time in operations related to database updates
- High potential for time savings on the edition of welding books
According to Mr. Dumont, “Welding Cloud meets our expectations because it allows us to search our database more quickly. For example, all of our welding know-how can be read from the home page of the software“. “Sirfull makes it easier to renew and track our WPQR and PQR.”
“The navigation is pleasant and simplifies our management a lot,” adds Damien Le Nouaille, IWT Welding Coordinator and main user of Welding Cloud.
“After a year of use, this is satisfying, but also promising in terms of saving time for our future welding booklet editing. “