As one of Europe’s leading natural gas transmission companies, GRTgaz was looking for a solution that met the requirements of its quality standards and was accessible to both operational staff and engineers, in order to optimise the quality control of its welding practices.
Harmonize all good welding practices at GRTGAZ
GRTgaz has 6 welding workshops within the Operations Division, spread throughout France, as well as an Integrity Division, which has expertise in this field.
The workshops work on more than 300 connection sites per year and produce nearly 250 welded assemblies per year.
GRTgaz wanted to :
- To have a homogeneous and always updated welding documentation (libraries of welding books, operating procedures, welders qualifications…).
- Harmonize all its best practices and make them easily accessible through the implementation of a new unified software.
Since 2017, the WELDING Cloud solution and its various functionalities have been deployed progressively in order to make it easier for end-users to get started. About fifty users, with different jobs and needs, use the platform.
- Archiving, editing and sharing of files: all the actors in the welding business can now find all or part of a technical file, wherever they are.
- Control of the traceability of controls, manufacturing, documents
- Easier management of welder qualifications: WELDING Cloud allows for the optimization and cross-referencing of qualifications, without the need for the operator to know the standard by heart.
- Greater autonomy for the 6 welding workshops